Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie


These are hands down the best chocolate chip cookies ever!  Well at least I think so and most everyone who has tried them tells me they are so good.

This is a crispy on the edges cookie with a chewy center, my favorite type of cookie.

I got this recipe from a professor during Brian and my seminary days.  That was about 20 years ago and it is still the most requested cookie recipe from my family.  I hope they become a family favorite for you too.
xoxo
Rachel

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie

1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
3/4 cup white granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. kosher salt
12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix the butter, sugars and egg until well combined.  Add the flour, soda, and salt mix until barely combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Spoon teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets for 12 -15 minutes or until light golden brown.  Let the cookies rest on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a cooling rack.


This recipe has been shared with Walking on Sunshine
The Country Cook
Home to 4 kiddos
Back to the Basics

6 comments:

  1. These cookies DO look yummy! I can see how they would be a family favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how I like my cookies, crispy on the edges and soft in the middle. Perfect. Thanks for sharing on our Cookie party at Foodie Friends Friday. I hope you will join us again next week. Newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOUR cookies were voted #2 on Foodie Friends Friday linky party! They will be shared on Daily Dish Magazine tomorrow! Come on over: www.foodiefriendsdailydish.com

    Come back next week to join our Garlic Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite cookie. These look great.

    I'd like to invite you to join my monthly round up Pantry Party also. This month's theme is cookies and these look lovely. I'd love if you entered these cookies or another cookie to the round up! http://lawstudentscookbook.wordpress.com/2013/03/31/pantry-party-april-2013-announcement/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious!!! If I wasn't taking a break from baked goodies this moth I would make these!
    Thanks for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These do look wonderful! Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I sure hope you will be able to join us again this week. :-)

    ReplyDelete