Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pannekoeken (dutch pancake)


I got this recipe from a church cookbook I purchased when Brian and I were engaged.
It was probably one of the first recipes that I made as a young wife.  Although Brian does love this recipe.  Our little breakfast king is in love with this recipe. He requests it, whenever he gets the chance. Many recipes come and go in our little family, but this one has stuck around and I am sure I will be making it for years to come.  I hope it becomes a family favorite for you too.

Pannekoeken

2 Tbs. butter
1/2 cup of skim milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup of flour

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Put the butter in a pie plate or a cast iron skillet and melt it in the oven while it is preheating.  Watch this closely, you don't want your butter to burn.
While you are melting the butter.  Mix together the milk, eggs, and flour in that order.  Pour the mixture into your buttered pan.  Bake until golden and puffy 12-15 mins
Serve immediately with powdered sugar and warm maple syrup.  Fresh fruit served on top is really nice too.

Source: Open door church cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment